About Me

My photo
A warm welcome to my Blog and my hope is that you find comfort in knowing you are not alone with your Acromegaly.

Saturday, December 4, 2010


Me with my kids. Time flies with 2. Sydney is great. We have lot of fun together. She is going to be 4 months on December 19th. Devon just adores his sister. He is a great big brother and loves to help.
I did receive results of my last IGF-1 tests: August was a reading of: 518 and September was: 447. I was just at the Lab this week for another IGF-1 blood test to see if my levels are going down? They are still quite high for me. Pre pregnancy, my levels were in normal range, around the 200. I'm also scheduled for my MRI on Tuesday December 7th. I'm looking forward to the results. I'm still experiencing certain symptoms and hope that it will be rectified once my levels are stablized. Once I get my latest IGF-1 results and the results of the MRI, I will be scheduling an appointment with the Endocronologist in Montreal to discuss maybe increasing my Sando for a while until I'm back on track.
The holidays are fast approaching. May you all have a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones.

4 comments:

New Life said...

I just stumbled across your blog and wish I had found it sooner! I had my surgery almost a year ago and have been looking for someone to connect with every since the diagnosis a year ago!

My blog rarely talks about my acromegaly now but it was a huge outlet when it first all came about. I still struggle with knowing what I have...it's a crazy life.

-Krystle

confessionsofachronicwanderluster.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi there,

My name is Rochelle. I don't know if I have contacted you in the past or not.
I am a fellow Acromegliac and thought I would just drop by and say hi, "HI"

Feel free to contact me anytime you might like to chat or share stories.

Hope to hear from you.

Regards
Rochelle

www.rochellebuckley.blogspot.com

Starbucks Addict said...

Good luck bringing your levels down. You're looking fantastic! Your children are darling :-)

Julie S. said...

Hello girls,

I'm not to great at updating my blog but will sometimes visit yours to see how everyone is doing.

Dear Krystle, it is very nice to meet you and sorry to hear that you also have Acromegaly. It is not something I wish upon anyone. For me the battle was trying to figure out what the heck was wrong with me and now that I know, I can (and have) begun my journey to health. I hope you have a great support system because it can be a rollercoaster ride for sure. It took me a good 4 years to really say I feel better after I had my Transphenodial surgery. My husband can vouch for that.

Dear Rochelle, I beleive we have written to each other but that was a really long time ago (time does fly). I hope you are keeping well and know that I have visited your blog a few times in the past. It is always nice to get messages from fellow Acromegliacs.

Dear Jenny, it is always great to hear from you. I know I usually write you a message via your blog and do pop in a few times to read your updates. Doesn't suck that you think you feel good one minute and the next thing you know the bad old Acromegaly strikes again :(

Off I go to shower while my daughter is napping.

Cheers,
Julie