About Me

My photo
A warm welcome to my Blog and my hope is that you find comfort in knowing you are not alone with your Acromegaly.

Monday, December 15, 2008

2006- Finally a diagnosis

June 2006 - My Family Doctor finally sent me for GH test (it was such a guessing game) and we found very high levels of Growth Hormone and as a result had an MRI that showed a pituitary macroadenoma (3cm). Had surgery in September 2006 at Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto, Ontario (Canada) with Dr. Michael Schwartz-Neurosurgeon. Small amounts of tumor remains and my Growth Hormone still active. Am required to take Sandostatin, a monthly injection for life, that helps control my growth hormone.

My husband and I think that I had Acromegaly for a good 10 years prior to my diagnosis. I had all the classic symptoms.

No comments: