About Me

My photo
A warm welcome to my Blog and my hope is that you find comfort in knowing you are not alone with your Acromegaly.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

2006- Post surgery


(Picture was taken one week after my pituitary surgery) I was so anxious to be home to celebrate my son's 3rd b-day.
I started noticing subtle changes...my face and my tongue felt less swollen, my acne cleared completely and my snoring ceased immediately. Although, my nose stayed quite large for a couple of weeks because of the nasal packing. Upon my return home I noticed clear fluid leaking from my nose. I had to be rushed back to Toronto the following day to ensure that I did not have spinal leakage. After 1 full night and no other episodes of leaking, I discharged myself and returned home. (what a nightmare)

No comments: